Monday, July 23, 2012

listen to His heart

This after noon, my husband and I went to a friends' house to pick our children.  Before we got out of our car, my husband turns to me and says, "Honey, we need to move to this area." With a grin on my face (because I knew), I asked if he was sure. And with everything in him, he said "YES!" Now I have to tell you, that we were not in a nice neighborhood. OH NO! Our friends live in a gorgeous home. But I have to say that it is in the GHETTO! And when I say ghetto, I mean they don't go outside at night. Like, they could get shot.

Whenever we have lived somewhere, I have made sure it has been in a good neighborhood. Pretty safe, quiet, good schools. I definitely wasn't thinking.... where are people hurting the most in this city, because that is where we should move to. A year ago I would have said NO WAY! But today, I knew my husbands heart, and the reason he wants to move. To love on people.To be an example.  So here we are at home in our nice, safe, and quiet home... looking online and talking to people we know to be on the look out for a home that is exactly what I never wanted. I am surprisingly OK with all this though! More than OK actually. It's crazy, and it feels really good. It feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment