Friday, December 23, 2011

A Better Life






So I have been rethinking what is important in my life today. Back in August, Vaughn and I decided to move out of our gorgeous home we were planning to purchase. This was a very humbling experience for me. You see, I was planning on starting school in January, and we knew that we couldn't afford it any longer. One day on my way to work I was praying, and God reminded me of what is important in my life. It is not a big beautiful house, a nice car and toys. It's my family, and as long as I have them, nothing else matters. So that day, we gave our ATV, our new car, and home back to their respectful owners. This was not an easy thing for me to do. I am very prideful.

Life has been easier financially. I have at times, however, forgotten what is important. I like to make lists, and know what I have to do for the next day. I like to complain how there is never enough time in one day. I have a hard time getting out of bed sometimes. Since I started writing this blog, I turned my will over to God. It has been increasingly easier to get out of bed. I have cut down on making lists. I am trying to remember my focus should be Him. I have been asking God, not why am I in this situation, but what is He trying to teach me. Every moment of every day has not been picture perfect, and I am not great at this everyday. But I know it's getting easier to get out of this bed. And that's ok with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment